Sunday, December 03, 2006

 
Slow Sunday

Nothing much going on right now. I haven't heard from our coordinator about Rosa's visa yet, but I didn't want to bother her on the weekend so I'll call her tomorrow.

Rosa continues to impress me with her English. Her new thing is to say "wow!" at Christmas ornaments and decorations. She also says "this" a lot. "This" can mean anything from "this" to "that" to "those" to "them" to "there." I have been trying to teach her the difference between "this" and "that." I think she'll get it soon. I spent a few days with her on the days of the week and she has them down really well now. She knows that today is Sunday, tomorrow is Monday and that we're out of here on Tuesday. Well, that's assuming there is a U.S. visa in Rosa's passport.

I can't say I'm going to miss this place. Unlike Ukraine, when we were there in the summer, I've seen Kazakhstan in the fall and winter and it's sort of depressing looking. I do think there are parts of the country that are pretty. I saw some of that when we were flying from Uralsk to Almaty, but what we've seen while on the ground is nothing special.

I'll probably post one more time before we head home on Tuesday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?