Saturday, December 02, 2006

 

Ramstor Visit

Because we had nothing to do today, Rosa and I took a cab to the famous Ramstor located on the other side of town. I guess some Americans really like it because it has a large Wal-Mart-type of store in it, along with a mall eatery. There is also a small skating rink.

There is a Dunkin Donuts there, or rather, Dunkin Donuts are sold at a burger place. I convinced Rosa to try a donut and I've now found something else Rosa doesn't like. What kid doesn't like donuts? Actually, she liked the lemon filling, but not the cake part.

So trying to figure out her food likes and dislikes has been interesting. Tonight we went to the cafe in the Silk Way mall that was such a big hit yesterday and even though Rosa ate everything last night, she didn't want the same thing tonight. So I ordered quesidillas. Once I scraped off the onions and mushrooms, she was OK with them. She also ate the fried hot dog that ended up on the plate I ordered. I ordered something that I thought was a hamburger, but I was obviously wrong. She also ate most of my fries. It's a good thing I had eaten donuts before or I might have been hungry after dinner.

It's been snowing today. It doesn't seem to clear up the pollution though when a storm comes. I'm guessing they don't have strict emission laws here for cars. Speaking of cars, you see many here with the steering wheel on the right side of the car, but they still drive on the right side of the road.

Christmas or New Years ornaments are going up everywhere.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?