Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Whole Lot of Nothing Going On

Rosa's passport was to arrive today. Our embassy visit is scheduled tomorrow for 3:00 PM. The only thing we had to do today was wash some clothes and do a little grocery shopping. I've gotten so bored I've started reading a book Jo Ann left in the apartment that is clearly written for women. Right now I'm about 200 pages into it. My fear is I'll be reading it on the plane and people will see me.

Rosa is doing very well with her English. I don't ever use Russian words now. She seems to understand just about everything I say. She's made some remarkable progress.

Today we played a couple of the games I brought but I didn't think I could explain to her how to play. One is called "Blink" and the other is called "Continuo." With a little use of the dictionary and some trial and error at explaining things, Rosa figured both games out, although she doesn't seem to like the game Blink.

The stores are starting to decorate quite a bit for the holidays here. There are Christmas trees going up everywhere, but many have "2007" next to them. Maybe they are New Years trees?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?