Monday, November 20, 2006

 
Bringing thermal underwear was a smart move. I don't think you could survive very long outside without it. We felt so confident bundled up this morning that we walked to our grocery store. On the way we bought some pajamas for LG at a clothing store. Before leaving the U.S., we bought some decorative thermal underwear for LG to use as pajamas, but after experiencing a couple of days of this weather, we realized she is going to have to use them as thermal underwear.

The two big rivers that go through this city are frozen over. We usually see people fishing along the shore. Our translator says that they'll be ice fishing soon on the rivers.

Tomorrow is our big court date. We have to dress up. I wonder what it will feel like wearing thermal underwear under a suit?

Our visit with LG went well. She's really been pushing herself to learn English words and she has stopped saying "da" and "nyet" (yes, no) even when I ask her something in Russian. We found out that there are a couple of older girls who are sisters on LG's dormitory floor that are being adopted from a family just down the hall from us. LG had an "English contest" with them and she won. LG heard Jo Ann or me say "ouch" today and she decided she needed to say that word as often as possible. It was pretty funny. I think LG's pronunciation is good, but she has trouble saying "ear" and "arm." She also has trouble making the 'th" sound in words like "three."

Assuming everything goes well tomorrow at court, we'll officially be LG's parents and we can share photos of her.

Well, I need to go work on my speech for the judge tomorrow.

Comments:
Hi Buck and Jo Ann! I've been catching up on your blog today (Brian and Rich have given me updates, too). I'm so happy for all of you! The prayers are still coming your way...good luck during your presentations tomorrow. See you soon!!
 
Hey Buck & JoAnn. We've been reading your blog ever day & praying for you that all will go well. Sounds like quite the 3rd world experience you're having. I bought a fixer upper house just East of you at 1210 N. 400 E. I showed it to Ted. He brought Megan over and she picked up almost a dollar in loose change around the house. She was so excited. I'm putting in new carpet today. Happy Thanksgiving. Dave
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?